Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Deadliest Catch Countdown

It's going to be a particularly tough season knowing of Captain Phil's passing, but Dad and I will faithfully watch each weekly episode with a brew in hand as we always do. I haven't decided what special beer we will crack open for Phil's honorary episode, but I have a few weeks to figure it out.

Each season Dad and I get together and have some quality father+daughter time while watching one of the still coolest shows on Discovery: Deadliest Catch. Each evening I bring a different special beer over for me and Dad to share. So long as it doesn't require a spoon (ie: no brown ales, porters, or stouts) than Dad is game to giving it a whirl around the ol' tastebuds.

Seeing as this coming Tuesday, April 13th is the season premier, I think I'll bring over the Southampton Saison Deluxe. I just got it in, tis a brew for the seasons, and we are starting a new season...corny but appropriate. Of course, I have no doubt the beer will be fanfreakingtastic which is just the way I like it, and Dad will too.

Too crab fishing. To Captain Phil. To family. To beer.
Prosit!

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment