Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beer Honors ~ Centenial Fine Wines & Spirits

Ever since I was informed that my sister, Jenn, was preggie back in May, I knew something extra-special was required to commemorate this most momentous of occasions for all parties involved. Jenn and I haven't always had the best relationship, but that was then and this is now. Jenn is an older sister I am also proud to say is a friend.

Being informed I was soon going to be an Aunt delighted me far more than expecting. I've never been hot on the idea of kids in general, but this was different. This was happening to me; OK, not the labor pains and such, but still, family is family. Maybe time and age really are the great mellowers and sages of life... I don't know if I'll be a great Aunt, but I'm going to do my best, mistakes and all.

Welcoming the new bundle of joy to the family requires (as mentioned above) an appropriately special bundle of joy. For a while I was clueless as to the what; just that it had to be a once-in-a-lifetime token of my well-wishes for Mom, Dad, Lily, and the new family as a whole. I was drawing blanks until her announced due month of November.

Lighting struck and all was clear.

November soon rolled along like any other day after a long night's rest, and one early morning, I was officially an Aunt. Jenn and Josh's hard work done, it was now my turn. Turning to a trusted network of friends and connections, Florida quickly turned into a dead-end, her bounty already fully tapped.

Who should come to my rescue? Centennial Fine Wine & Spirits out of Dallas, TX. One Mr. Richard O'Neill answered my cry for help and within a few minutes of receiving his email reply, phone calls were made, card charged, and she was on her way to me. No questions asked. No hesitancy. Just good honest service, genuine cheer, and old-fashioned trust sprinkled with a dash of surprise when I requested FedEx overnight.

The next day my own little bundle of joy arrived safe and sound. I won't be able to see Lily until February, but so too do Jenn and Josh have to wait for their surprise.

In the meantime, I want Centennial Fine Wine & Spirits and Mr. Richard O'Neill to know that you are shining stars in my book of good people. May the holidays and life in general bless you as well as it has me. Whenever I am in Dallas, TX, I'll be sure to stop by and spend a few, in person this time, no less.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment