Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Thoughts in Passing

Dear Michael Jackson,

Life, she took you away before we had a chance to relax over a beer or a whisky together. Your legacy, your boundless love for a stimulating pint and philosophical dram will live on as future generations continue to breathe passion, diversity, ingenuity, and respect into Mother Nature's bounty, brewed and distilled.

You don't know me, but I know you. Just a few years ago, The World Guide to Beer irrevocably changed my life. Beer's beautiful bounty overflowed from each page written in lyrical prose with a splash of sophistication. Scotland and Its Whiskies transported me to the very shores you visited, traversing forgotten trails of a bygone era as faint esters of gentle heather and earthen peat tickled my nose.

Not just as a beer and whisky aficionado, but also as a writer, I was touched and inspired by a shared sense of romanticized reality. Each pen-stroke personified your immense passion, grace, stewardship, respect, humility, appreciation, and most of all, Life.

My journey is my own to pursue and create. As days future pass through me surrounded by the liquid wonders of life, I can only hope that in some way my stewardship be a worthy tribute to the original beer hunter and whiskey chaser, Michael Jackson. Should you happen to see me from that great Biergarten in the sky, or from their craggy shores, salt spray seasoning your dram...

Cheers!
This one is for you.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment