Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Empire Royal Mead in da House

That's right folks. I (Kristyn) finally has REAL mead in the store (Great Spirits).

Empire Royal Mead

Ever since my first mead experience last year with the Apis Kurpiowski and Apis Jadwiga, my passion and love for the almost lost art of traditional, artisanal 100% fermented honey mead was born. As with all liquid pleasures I am passionate about, I never once looked back.

Since then I have tasted a handful of meads from the Dansk Mjod meadery (also located in Poland) which expanded my horizons and appreciation for mead even further. Using 100% honey, Dansk Mjod also ferments their meads with artfully chosen additions such as hibiscus, hops, ginger, caraway, and so on...

It was through a fateful phone call from my good friend, eric, that I learned of another excellent true mead which, if my ears and hopes held true, I could get in for the store and also, quite selfishly, for myself.

Added bonus: it's a locally produced here in Florida using 100% pure American honey with no added sulfites.

The Empire Winery and Distillery uses 100% honey which they ferment with lots of TLC, and then they age the mead in wood barrels for a minimum of 4 years. This results in a silkily decadent mead of epic proportions.

Enjoy! I know I did!
Discover why mead was once considered the drink of Gods.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment