Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fear No Beer

Skydiving. Rock climbing. Bull riding. Cave spelunking. Scuba diving. Auto racing. White-water rafting. Bungee jumping...

We all engage in passionate adventures that put our lives in danger. Adrenaline rushing and senses tingling, in that moment we feel the weightless rush of life.

Myself?

I walk a treacherous path of mediocrity, sameness, skunk, oxidation, and gushing bottles in a thrilling search for my next beer. Each cap pried and cork popped sends shivers of excited anticipation up and down my spine while goosebumps pepper my skin.

Sultry looks. Sensuous aromas. Exotic flavors. Inspired rapture. Priceless memories.

Flavor is an elusive mistress, and I am the suitor. Beer is as diverse, wild, inspirational, unpredictable, and dangerous as the restless minds that give them life. Together they are life's most memorable romance.

From every corner of the world, big and small, I will never give up the hunt for my lady of passion: beer. If you brew it, I will drink it, even at the risk of bitter heart-break. As our lips meet, she will reveal to me her most intimate desires over and over again, each one a beautiful memory all her own.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment