Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Confessions of a Flavorholic

Good day ladies and gentleman. I, Kristyn Lier, stand here before today to confess…a slight problem. An affliction if you will of the mind, body, and soul which only death shall cure:

I am a flavorholic.

Flavor…how she consumes me. I am powerless to her whimsical nature, tantalizing avarice, scintillating touch, and untarnished sincerity. Day and night. Inside and out. Our desires are one.

My life wasn’t always flavor afflicted, but I thankfully awoke from that listless dream of sameness. Now each day brings the promise of more flavor as I fall ever deeper into her embrace.

The air we breathe. The food we savor. The drinks we ponder. The people we love. The memories we cherish. The very earth upon which we stand. Flavor is life, and I am blessedly addicted. Surely I am not the only one. Looking out into the world, I see a growing consortium of equally blessed flavorholics living the good life.

A toast to Flavor, may she always consume us and we her.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment