Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Beer Glass Etiquette

No, this is not going to be a litany on how to hold your glassware properly, so on and so forth. It's about being appreciated and the occasional giftage. In this particular case, it was a couple free glasses from my favorite gastropub. I don't like to advertise when receiving such a wonderfully unexpected surprise, just a quiet sincere "Thank You!" as I go on my way.

If I let slip a little white lie in the company of friends while still in the bar surrounded by other patrons, it is out of respect to the other patrons who are there enjoying, savoring, and paying their beer geek foodie respects as I just did. No hard feelings need be stirred by an unexpected flit of "that's not fair" because someone else didn't get theirs "free".

Afterwards in the privacy of friendly company will I gush about the awesomeness of said generosity, and how honored I am. Free goods are always nice, but I will always offer to pay. After all, it's my way of respecting my hosts and offering my deepest thanks for such timeless and wonderful memories.

(original written post by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment