Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Weizenheimer ~ Northampton Brewery

Appearance: cloudy haze of liquefied white breads, crusts included for some color. Bubbly feeble head.

Nose: doughy bready with bananas and a ghost of lemon. Predominantly chewy breads with another ghostly presence of crust for some crunch.

Palate: unusual and not particularly pleasant spritzy mouthfeel with lemon bubblies. Bakery fresh breads with watery lemon essence. Banana phenolics disappear as fast as they appear.

Final Thoughts: the nose didn’t leave me with much hope for the palate which was about what I expected. Far too thin, watery, and the seltzeresque mouthfeel wasn’t pleasant at all. Wheat beers should be creamy, smooth, and soft on the mouth. My least favorite of the beers I drank during my many visits to Northampton Brewery. 

Photobucket

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment