Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nyx *Apprentice Series* ~ White Birch Brewing

Appearance: pours black and thick, forming an espresso crema head also thick and delicious. Slow stream of bubbles trace the sides of my clean glass. Lace sticks and crawls and tempts.

Nose: dry and roasted with coffee beans, freshly drawn espresso, and burnt caramel. Black earth and twigs. Singed whole hop cones in the back. Chocolate bark and bakers chocolate.

Palate: clean and lovely. Burnt sweetness up front, dry earthen singed hops in the back, smooth and frothy along the sides. Bakers chocolate and espresso crema mingle. Tobacco leaf. Old tired brush and shrubs. Chocolate in the middle. Driest along the edges with delectable burnt acridity.

Final Thoughts: holy moly. Of the bottle beers my Love and I bought during our Massachusetts trip, this beer was by far in the top three. I’d heard pleasant rumblings about White Birch online so I was hoping for good but instead I got great. Bottle Specs: bottled April 2011 from batch 1 of a bottle count totaling 1065. 

 Photobucket

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment