Pages

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Beer Bash *update*

Formerly known as Better Beers At The Ball Park, this new venture has picked up where Better Beers was abruptly let off. And why was Better Beers so abruptly dropped?

Good question.

I am far from having all the answers and I am sure a large chunk of the reasons will remain lost in the great dark void of beer politics for all time. What I can theorize within fair reason is this:
  • Somehow someway AB/InBev is involved. I can’t give any specifics why because I don’t have any, but my beer geek sense is tingling something fierce.
  • I am sure Beer Bash will be a jolly good shindig with good beer and good people followed with an exciting game of baseball. Tis the season, after all. Originally a craft beer event with breweries the likes of Brooklyn, Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Oskar Blues, Flying Dog, Sierra Nevada, and Bells, now I can only guess as to what will be shared at the new Beer Bash 2010.
  • I may not be a friend to corporate America generally and AB/InBev specifically, but I am a friend to craft beer local and abroad. If Beer Bash is now an AB/InBev centric event, then common sense dictates Beer Bash should be popping open some Victory, Southern Tier, Magic Hat, Gordon Biersch, and Starr Hill. Of these five craft breweries, only three would really be worth my while whereas at Better Beers all seven breweries were worth my while.
  • If nothing else, I don’t see why all parties involved couldn’t have joined hands and shared in the festivities. After all, Yuengling, Bass, Brooklyn, Victory, Bud, and Miller (to name a few) all share the regular bottle and draft selection at Digital Domain Stadium (772-871-2115) which is home to the NY Mets major and minor leagues.

But what do I know, right? I’m just a local beer geek who suddenly feels fabulously jilted out of a lovely affair.

For those interested in Beer Bash, the date is still Saturday May 15th though I would contact Digital Domain to confirm the time. After Beer Bash, you are invited to stay and watch the St. Lucie Mets battle it out with the Jupiter Hammerheads. Be sure to hang around after the game for a dazzling display of fireworks before calling it a night and heading safely home.

So…I am left with more questions than answers and a lot of friends who also feel fabulously jilted out of a lovely affair. As stoked as I was for Better Beers, not so much for Beer Bash. I am sure fun will be had by all who attend but for me and others, we shall seek out more beery pastures elsewhere.

And to that I say Cheers! And Good Day!

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment