Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Pure Cacao Indulgence

Seeing as I was in a particularly good mood last night, a little self-indulgence was in order. Life has been jolly good as of late, and I don't foresee any sudden end to current fortunes. After all, if I don't treat myself sometimes, there is no guarantee someone else will.

Cruising my local Greenwise, a little something caught my eye: Ghiradelli 90% Pure Cacao bar. Nothing else sets my heart aflutter and the mouth awatering like pure black cacao. Laying her gently in my basket as to not break her perfect form, I set once more on my way.

But why a 90% Pure Cacao bar?

My wonderful friends, that is because sitting in my fridge is a bottle of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing. Or, as of right now, there was a bottle of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin in my fridge.

With a twinkle in my eye and a skip in my step, I eventually lazed my way to the registers where out of the corner of my eye, what should I see...99% Pure Cacao from Lindt Chocolates.

Beerchocovana has been officially signed, sealed, and delivered.

My exchange promptly executed, I checked out and made the way home with a brief detour by the folks house. Later, after dinner was sated and the stomach rested, out came the Bourbon Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin. With a pop of his cork, I lovingly poured those lusciously black depths into my awaiting chalice before next focusing my attentions on the 99% Cacao Bar.

With tremulous fingers I gingerly peeled back her protective gold wrapper to reveal a vision of the utmost beauty; slim, sleek, and seductive. I broke off a few of her precisely measured squares where they then took up residence on an appropriately small square plate.

Settling back in my chair, I lavished love on the cacao first. Placing a square on the top of my tongue, I reveled in a slow meltdown of delicate burnt, brittle, roasted, woody, and bitter delights. It is simply amazing how much depth and complexity can be hidden in such an unassuming morsel of cacao. Further notes of earth and wood flitter about, and suddenly goosebumps pimple and a shiver of delight traces her fingers down my spine.

Exquisite.

My beer is looking at me rather forlornly, his negligence bordering on heresy. Apparently, I have been ignoring him far too long, a tragedy I gladly correct. A long slow draw brings his bourbon sweetness, burnt malts, charred wood, and black chocolates to rest atop my tastebuds still reeling from their cacao revelation. Eyes close, time stops, and only slow but surely do I relinquish his liquid bliss to the rest of my body.

Heavenly.

As the night wanes, I slowly savor each morsel and each quaff. Orgasmic, sensual, and down to earth, truly a treat I was most deserving of.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment