Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Year of Beer 2009

The year is pretty much over, so ending another scandalous tryst with beer in all her fermentable splendor. It may be cliché, but this year easily topped the last, and 2010 is already poised to best both.

Even if I were to try, I couldn’t count the innumerable blessings that have filled my life day-in and day-out. My life is my own to live and to give, so to all of you who have made me so rich, Thank You. I present to you just a few of the memorable moments of 2009: those friends, brewers, beers, and more that I will cherish for longer than I can remember.

------

Brewery: Cigar City Brewing
  • Florida finally has a brewery to shout from sand dunes on high and southerly points so warm with pride and passion

Gastropub: Corner Café & Brewery
  • my beer supping and food savoring journey is off to a fantabulous start thanks to Marr, Lisa, Jim, and Juan

Beer: Avery Brabant
  • 12ozs of beery bliss responsible for multiple orgasms of evolutionary beervana

Book: Ambitious Brew by Maureen Ogle
  • it’s easy to hate-on the macros for being the devious sleazy corporate behemoths they are, but in the process, a fascinating aspect of brewing history gets lost amidst the finger-pointing

Geekout: Jim Koch @ the Vine & Barley
  • we talked, we drank, we took pictures and made merry

Beer Fest: RBWG2009 (RateBeer Winter Gathering 2009)
  • an unofficial gathering culminated in an epic tasting the likes of which crossed state lines and has set the stage for the official RBWG2010

Beer Trip: Siebel Institute in Chicago, IL
  • a long weekend in the windy city absorbing all the beer knowledge possible while breaking bread, sharing pints, and discovering the wonderful convenience of check-out shipping

------

I don’t have the ink, the paper, or the hand-strength to fully offer my heartfelt wishes and love, but for all of you who I am lucky and proud to call friends, to the New Year. May it be filled to overflowing with good beer and good times.

Prosit!

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment