Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ode to Raspberry Lambic Vinaigrette

I had an awesome time at The Broken Barrel with Mike and Paula last night, but it pains me to say that their Raspberry Lambic Vinaigrette has officially bit the dust. While she may still be on the menu in print, in spirit, she has ascended to a better place far far away from my salad where she belongs. Twice now she has failed where she had previously succeeded: tart rich sweet raspberry Lambic vinaigrette deliciousness.

So to you, oh sweet dressing of my past, I shall remember you fondly...

My pulled rib sandwich, otoh, was amazing. And just by happenstance, we were there for the tapping of a Schneider-Sohn Aventinus Eisbock Wooden Cask. After giving my glass a good 30 minutes to warm to room temperature, she flowed down across my tastebuds in liquid wonderment. The angels sang, harps rang, and beervana reigned.

Make no doubt, I will be back again, and again, and again.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment