Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cigar City Brew News

Congrats To Pete Britton

Pete Britton won a gold medal for his IPA at the National Homebrewer's Conference. So right about now most of you are probably thinking, "Who is Pete Britton?" Well to be honest, I don't know. I haven't met the man. But I have met Dustin Thomas who is Pete's roommate. And when I met Dustin at the CCB Tasting Room back in February, Wayne and I sent him home to Illinois with some Spanish Cedar spirals. Dustin gave those spirals to Pete, who promptly aged his IPA on them. Said IPA then went on to win a gold medal in the AHA's Category 22 Smoke-Flavored and Wood-Aged Beer. Clearly I'm a big fan of Spanish cedar-aged beers (thanks to Mike Fouch who turned me onto Spanish Cedar aging) but it is really cool to see other people giving them a try and having good results.

So congrats to Pete on the win and Dustin for sending us the follow-up email letting us know how the beer did.

Cheers,
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment