Pages

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Just A Customer

I am very selfish in that anything I do has to be of personal interest. If I’m not interested, you can push, shove, cajole, threaten, bribe, and espouse glorious imagery all you want; I won’t budge. But once you have my interest, you have the whole of my passionate intentions and tireless drive. From gems to fishing to anime, all were wonderful hobbies which enriched my person throughout the years but none had the spark of permanency. Reading and writing has been the longest constant, as obviously evidenced, and the written word will always be a beacon of inspiration.

And then there was beer.

What’s easy to see now in past reflection was not always bathed in the crystal clarity of simple truth, but that is both the beauty and the crux of experience. What I can say in all honesty is that in both good times and bad, I was true to myself. There were no lies to my passing aspirations, but there is a clear difference between a hobby and a profession. Usually it is one or the other, and only a lucky few enjoy the two as one. I count myself blessed to now enjoy them as one and the same.

How does the saying go…if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life.

Beer is not work. Beer is passion; my passion.

I’ve been fully engaged in my beer obsession for a few years now, perfecting the joyous art of living with beer. In just that short period of time, friendships have been forged and camaraderie shared all while in the pursuit of good beer. Good beer equals good times and happiness for all. There are of course the inevitable perks, not that I’m complaining, but at the end of the day I’m still just a geek who loves her beer. When I walk into a bar, shiny new or comfortable old, I am just a customer in need of some flavor satiation. I’ll have a beer, maybe three, please. The tender care and personal service received should be the same, relatively speaking, for all the other beer geeks of friendly and fun disposition who share the bar day-in and day-out. We are all here for the beer, and the beer is here for all of us to enjoy, hobbyist and professional alike.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment