Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dregs: to pour or not to pour

Ask three different people how and whether one should fully dispense of the dregs from a bottle-conditioned beer and you are most likely to get three different answers. Personally, I enjoy dregs far more than most people. Other than not being as visually appealing, they do little to negatively alter the palate of the beer. Instead, they oft-times add a finale of intensity in both aroma and flavor. Give me a bottle-conditioned beer to share, and I am more likely to pour everyone else before I pour myself, that way I can take full advantage of the dregs left behind. Or, if I am enjoying the bottle myself, I will be sure to take note of the subtle nuances in flavor and aroma that change as I near the end of the bottle. Don’t believe me? Try it next time you are savoring your own bottle-conditioned beer.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment