Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Just Another Friday @ Hurricanes

This is going to become a goodly habit of mine if I'm not careful...but then again, such goodly habits must not be denied.

Myself and a small group of fellow Vero Beach beer peeps descended upon Hurricane Grille & Wings after 8pm for some much needed beer flavor inspiration and satisfaction of diversity. As usual, I was there until after closing with Rob and friend; not part of my original group because they had to call it a night sooner than I did.

Suffice to say I tried another flavor of wings which had not yet crossed these lips and teased the tastebuds: Mojo Glaze. Good stuff, though so far not my most favorite flavor. No worries though because I easily have 20+ more flavors to explore. Not included in that list though will be the Category 5 and possibly some of the Category 4. I'm sure they are fantastic, but I have trained my precious loveable tastebuds to savor the flavor as much as possible as often as possible which has resulted in a heightened sensitivity which ultimately doesn’t mix well with extremely hot stuff.

It's all good though.

While laughing and relaxing and having a grand ol' time, two of my beer tasting regulars (who are also seasonals) stopped in. Hugs and kisses were exchanged as we gabbed for a few before I made it back to my table. Shouldn't I know it but just a few minutes later who should pass before my wandering eye but Randy...followed soon after by Linda, Mary, and a passel of other local Vero Beachans and all around good peeps. Rob and Cathie eventually arrived to my delight, including more hugs and kisses and jovial gabbing.

At the crest of the night, I knew personally a goodly amount of the people who had descended upon Hurricanes that Friday night (yesterday) for good beer, good food, and good times. You know that saying "if you build it they will come"; well when it comes to good beer diversity and availability in Vero Beach, FL (and the Treasure Coast) it goes a little something like this:

"If you pour it, we will drink it."

...and so I do believe we are going to make this at least a once a month habit. Slowly but surely good beer diversity (and food) is taking hold and as a fun-loving sociable small community such as Vero Beach, we are more than ready. Bring it!

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment