Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BEERtrekkin ~ Vero Beach, FL to Atlanta, GA

As I rub the sleepies out of my eyes and tune into the Today Show, I can smell the coffee percolating and feel awakeness slowly spreading through my body. Of course, once I get a couple cups into me than I’ll be even more awake. Sis and the Munchkin are sleeping still, Skyler too. As for yesterday’s road trip from Vero Beach to Atlanta, I have little to report other than good show. Miss Lily and Skyler were super-troopers and though our departure from the house was later than planned (perfect worlds are over-rated) time made was still good. I drove the second half of the trip except for Atlanta – scary roads – while Jenn drove the first half. I’m not a good morning driver so the arrangement works great.

My Lovely took care of my baby, Mr. D, in the afternoon. She sent me a pic of Mr. Kitty with Hello Kitty sitting on my bed which didn't register at first and then...
Uh-Oh!
Kristyn forgot her Hello Kitty hat which meant a cold head. Cold heads are a no-no. Target to the rescue in Macon where we stretched legs and I grabbed a pink hat, some Hello Kitty bling, and yes, some beer. What beer? A twelve-pack of Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale. Ahhhh, the beer ambassador is officially Beertrekkin now. Room in the car is limited so the 12 pack will have to last me until Minneapolis, but that’s ok. In the meantime, where will Hello Kitty be today? Only time and some candid camera shots will tell.

Ooh! Coffee is done.
~sssssssip~
Ahhh. Much better.

Our destination today is Paducah, Kentucky where Kristyn may just do a wee smidge of beer shopping. Maybe. Not sure how well beer would do strapped to the roof of the car and I don’t think Skyler would appreciate being displaced from his snug-as-a-bug spot in the back seat. Last road trip with my sis and munchkin, I road in the back whereas this trip I get to ride in the front.

I miss my lovely tons, but I am also heartened to know that home awaits when my Beertrek is over. There is not a moment you are not on my mind, love, so to you {hugs} and *kisses*.

A few memorable moments stand out so far on our Beertrek. One in particular is a beautiful truth in advertising, something marketers the world over could learn from. After all, who can argue with multiple billboard signs that declare “STRIPPERS! NEED WE SAY MORE?”. Why no, I don’t think you do need to say more. Another point of amusement was a billboard I spotted heading into Atlanta which declared “NEED HAIR? 404-GET-HAIR”. Once more a winning strike for the oft neglected truth in advertisement.

MORNING FLASH!!!!
I am checking WeatherChannel.com for what to expect on this leg of our trip and I am amused to announce that yes, there is a town in Kentucky called ‘Paint Lick’. I’m not sure I want to know…and yet, I do. But getting back to the weather. Looks like it’s going to a balmy 39 degrees at its hottest and 30 at its lowest with a chance of light snow.
SNOW?!
Yes, Kristyn, you’re not in Florida anymore. Thankfully I have jeans, undershirts, long sleeve shirts, a hat, gloves, and a puffy winter jacket to keep me warm. Relatively. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta.

I have one more question for Georgia before bon voyage and soyonara: what’s the point of removing pay phones from your visitor center when you still leave the big blue pay-phone sign along with the big blue pay-phone boxes? I'm just saying...

And so as the coffee slowly works its way through my veins and the eyes grow a little less blurry, tis time to call it a day until tomorrow morning. Thank you and good day.



(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment