Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Ballast Point Brew News

From one Floridian to one Californian, WELCOME!!!!

Growing up on the Indian River and literally less than 5 minutes away from the ocean which I also spent a great deal of time on, fishing of course, I am extremely pleased to welcome the Ballast Point Brewing Company out of San Diego, California to the Treasure Coast. Not only do they consistently brew award-winning beers, they also micro distill which is a win-win in my book. Beer is my #1 passion, but anything tastefully spirituous follows in close second. Mix in my love for all things oceanic, watery, fishy, and beery which Ballast Point encompasses with artisanal aplomb, and all is well in my world.

I'm not sure if Ballast Point's spirits will also be available, probably not, but I am working on finding out. I am also looking into which of their beers will be making their merry way to our oceanic coast of tropical paradise, aka Vero Beach specifically and the Treasure Coast generally.

The distributor of such fine beers is one JJ Taylor Distributing, a smart choice indeed.

Just how good are the fine folks and beers at Ballast Point Brewing? Well for starters, let's look at the 2010 World Beer Cup results:
  • Tied with Baird Brewing for most number of gold medals with their Bourbon Barrel Aged Piper Down Scottish Ale; Fathom IPL; and Sculpin IPA.
  • Named Small Brewery Champion Brewery/Brewmaster

Keep an eye out here for more Ballast Point updates as I get them. Prosit!

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment