Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Good Life

To the uninitiated, this may sound a little far-fetched, but I know it to be true. I am living proof after all.

Good beer, good friends, and good times go hand-in-hand. Ever since I let real beer into my life, the days have been filled with nothing but riches. By letting real beer into my life, I stopped watching life pass me by and started living it on my own. No longer am I content to just sit watch the adventures of others on TV (though they can be inspiring) or listen to my friends thrilling escapades; I am going to live my own adventures and tell my own stories.

Real beer is not a mundane pedestrian focus. Real beer is living history rich with culture, personality, hardships and triumphs, artistry, innovation, and inspiration. Real beer demands your full attention and motivates the listless.

That’s not to say I lived an altogether meager meaningless life until now; I have no complaints, but the direction, she was lacking. There were hobbies and recreational interests, but nothing I could really sink my teeth into. My true calling was out there, and when I found her (or she me), her bubbly bounty was a glorious revelation.

The artistry of beer has to include the beast along with the beauty, but thankfully the beauty far outshines the dark side. When I talk of real beer, I speak of artisanal craft beer from the USofA and abroad.

More than just liquid bread, beer is liquid life. She eats, sleeps, lives, breathes, grows, and changes all before my watchful eye, curious mind, and thirsty tastebuds. She has brought so much good into my world in just the few years we have known each other. I am truly innumerably blessed. Or maybe it’s not so much the beer, but I who have invited all the direction, purpose, and good will into my life with beer the silent perch upon which I sit.

I may never have the opportunity to wholly thank everyone who has touched my life over shared pints of beer, but I am ever grateful and humbly indebted. You are as important as each new morning I rise to greet.

So, what all is exactly new?

I’m going to school, self-studying, setting pen to paper and letting the endless creative juices flow, setting priorities straight, and much more. I’ve barely begun to journey up, down, and all around the beery path of my life. Who knows where I will be in 1 year, much less 5 or 10, but I know without a doubt I’ll be surrounded by real beer with good people who fill the hearth and heart of home, my soul, with riches beyond measure.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment