Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Beer Hunter, Whisky Chaser ~ Remembering the Affable Michael Jackson

I probably have but one regret when it comes to entering the beer aficionado geek hood when I did - witnessing at the cusp of my own personal beer and single-malt birth, the death of the original Beer Hunter and Whisky Chaser himself, Michael Jackson.

No, I am not talking about the singer.

Getting his start in the mid 70s, the native Englishman Michael Jackson set out to and accomplished the very shaping of our known modern world of beers and single-malts today. I won't get too much into Mr. Jackson as of now because I would like to save that for a well-researched, in-depth and heartfelt entry.

Instead, today I would like to bring everyone's attention to the brand new book titled Beer Hunter, Whisky Chaser. It is currently only available online via http://classicexpressions.co.uk but I hope to see a domestic US release of this collection of essays and musings by Mr. Jackson's peers both young and old and somewhere in-between. Unfortunately, I missed out on the opportunity to meet, even just once, Mr. Jackson in person, but he still lives on each and every day in my passion for beer and single-malts. My tribute to his legacy will to be to continue it in my own way whenever and wherever and however possible until the day that I, too, pass away.

In the meantime, not only can you and I learn more about the amazing life and times of Mr. Jackson while reading this book, proceeds each purchase will go to the Parkinson's Disease Society of the UK to fund research into a cure for the disease that slowly took his life, but not his heart, away.

You can also learn more about the life and times of Michael Jackson via his blogspot which is lovingly maintained by the caretakers of his estate, and also via the handy online source, Wikipedia.

(an original written work by Kristyn Lier. plagiarism is not tolerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment